Learn the fundamentals of software development in Ruby, and build your first web app from the ground up.
Intro to Web Development Course Overview
Intro to Web Development is the starting point for a budding developer. Students will learn the basics of computational thinking while gaining a comprehensive understanding of the technologies used to build web applications. Primary areas of concentration include object-oriented programming with Ruby, front-end development and design using HTML and CSS, and web integration with Sinatra. Our Web Development course will culminate with the students building their own functional web applications.
What you will learn
The backbone language of the web - it holds the structure and content of every page
The language that makes webpages beautiful and fun.
A robust back-end language that powers many of the worlds web applications.
The CSS framework used by designers to put together organized applications.
Summer 2017 Locations
- All Upperline Courses are Co-Ed
- Course Tuition is $2,100 (25% required to reserve your spot)
- Course Discounts are available for siblings and multiple course registrations.
- Classes last from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
- General Class Schedule:
- 9:00 - 11:30: Lecture and Skills Acquisition
- 11:30 - 12:15: Lunch
- 12:15 - 3:00: Group Coding Projects
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations made one month before a class' start date are eligible for a full refund less a $100 administrative fee per course. Cancellations less than one month before a class start date are not eligible for a refund. Camp fees are not refunded or prorated for days of camp missed due to illness or injury.
- Lunch is provided on the first day of camp. For all other days, campers may bring their own lunch or leave campus (with parent permission) and explore the various food options in the neighborhood .